Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Paper glider..


I guess, I was in my final year of bachelors when I first heard about CFD.. and my understanding was like.. it is a way to calculate solution for fluid flow equations numerically. With this rudimentary understanding at the back of my mind.. I told my closest one.. that I'm going to join a CFD class.. and the question was why.. ? and what do you want to do with it.. ?

and I told like this.. well, I wanted to simulate a paper glider.. I had an (crude but correct) idea that time on how to do it..

if I see the same problem now.. with all these moving grid solvers and all.. quite possible. but I'm thinking why haven't I attempted.. it.. ?? :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sir,
Speechless on reading this blog. Kept my eyes (wonder) stuck at this post!
I think, you can do it very nicely upon defining the geometry of the system.

Would like to see it. I think, u need to work on newton's equations of motion (an analogy - a path of a projectile)

Anonymous said...

Not sure if my physics concepts hold good!

Anonymous said...

hey, thanks.