Wednesday, July 1, 2009

In boxes..

disclaimer: It feels like I might have picked this name mixing multiple sources and ideas.. but the content is what I observed.. with me..

Here is it..

The content I speak or share with different people is significantly different from one another.. and (with exceptions..) it will be a very little portion of what I, myself spend time with.. in a day in-general. Why would I do this..??

If I have to think about a positive answer.. well, I might think about the efficacy of the words I speak.. by virtue of ones background and other contemporary factors.. one would have more exposure towards specific areas of knowledge.. (similarly gossips.. )

Assuming the experience of others to be similar, I sometimes wonder.. how much of us would be known to.. outside.

3 comments:

aarthi said...

One of the best post I have ever read, Feel so 'coz its closer to reality than ideal which is not real..

I have observed this wid many people, the way they share wid others.. Sometimes its fine, sometimes its not as lead to confusions or judgments.

How much of us is known to outside? Good thought.. But I would say from my experience, the outside sometimes does not deserve to know completely about you or me or anyone else..
from my experience..
In fact, People start making judgements, start asking Qs which u are tired of answering... And even if u try to give them genuine answers, then you become a nice toy for their gossips...

So it heavily depends on which outside u are thinking... If its closer ones to u, then obviously all these logics need not be thought.. becos in default design, the closer one never betrays us.. But if the outsiders are not close, its better to be careful about the so-called "content I speak or share with different people "!

This is something I learnt!! I know I have commented for a different direction, shifting from the angle you have discussed in this post.

Anonymous said...

Spot on Aarthi, that is the point.

What was written is only half of the thought and is directed towards the ones who are trying to find an "understanding other" !!

N take my word, I'm a pessimist at core of my heart when it comes to human relationships. Its giving me pleasant surprises when some one says "I know you would do this" :)

Deepthi Pola said...

I completely agree with Aarthi.
I learnt many things related to the content. Never trust anyone who is not close enough to u and watch ur words.